Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Celebration At Disney in Orlando

 This past weekend, my bride and I celebrated five years of being married.  We celebrated our anniversary at Disney World in Orlando, Florida.  This is where we got to spend the day being a kid all over again.  It was fun, seeing the characters interacting with the kids.  The rides were fun, but one thing we both agreed on was this: we will go back when it is cooler.  We got to hot.  We drank lots and lots of water but that still was not enough to stay hydrated.  I am learning that being a husband is the same way.  I am learning that it takes lots of preparation to stay hydrated as a husband.  I remember the vow that I took, the pledge that I gave not just to my wife but also the Lord Jesus.  So how did we get this far in marriage when the average marriage only last a year or two? May I say, “Lot's and lot's of prayer.”  You say this sounds cliché but it is not really.  Here let me explain.  When we have a disagreement, I have to ask the Lord to help me understand what the disagreement is.  Then I have to ask am I being selfish in this.  To help me grow in my faith and in being a good husband I memorized this “I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)  This one verse helps me in our marriage because no matter what we are going through I want her to see Christ and not me.  To stay hydrated as a husband I spend time with the Lord Jesus.  I purposefully read through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation on a regular basis. Then as I read the Bible, I pray the Scripture back to God asking him to make me like Jesus.  You see to stay hydrated I need the Living Water in my soul, because how I respond as a husband comes from the over flow of my heart.  I would like to invite you as a person to spend time with the Lord in his word and in prayer asking God to do the same work in you.  This way if you are married your spouse will see Jesus and not you.  This way as a spouse, the love that you show will be real love that gives not expecting anything in return.  This is just one way to stay hydrated in your marriage.  If you are not a follower of Jesus let me invite you to follow him.  Give him your heart and ask him to make you like him.  This will be the best exchange you will ever make in your life.  This way you to can stay hydrated in your marriage.  If you would like to learn more may I invite you to come and worship with us at First Baptist Church in downtown Lake City, if not with us then may I invite you to one of our local Churches where the Bible is taught. 

No comments:

Post a Comment